We are here to make a difference
We are a non-profit community-based volunteer organization assisting those experiencing homelessness in Folsom toward self-sufficiency and greater independence.
Folsom Winter Shelter Recap
- 84 nights – last year was 80
- 68 guests: 48 men, 20 women
- 990 guest nights – less than last year but we had so many success stories. I’ll take the success stories!
- 1 Intake Center
- 9 Host churches
- 100 HART volunteers
- Multiple church based volunteers along with local restaurants and service clubs
- 2 tablets
- X number of gallon of coffee, copies of resources, instructions and badges
- 4 $100 credit cards for gas for van
- Tubs of toiletries, medicine, socks , hats, and scarves
Each volunteer made a difference in the lives of our guests and each other. Our sense of community grew, and we realized that whoever we are we can improve our City.
HART of Folsom
We need your help!
We are in desperate need of affordable housing for folks living on the street. Folsom has many job opportunities for people, but the workforce that is serving your meals, washing your car, stocking the shelves of your favorite stores and providing many services that you enjoy here in Folsom cannot afford the monthly apartment rents on the money they earn. If you own rental property please look over the Sacramento Self-Help Housing Master Lease Program and consider making a difference in the lives of those struggling to rebuild their lives.
We are all volunteers and 100% of the funds we raise go to providing services to those we serve. Read more…
What We Do
HART works with individuals
Our main component of our program is to establish a mentoring relationship with the individuals (clients) that is built on respect and trust. We create a comfortable and loving relationship that allows the client to become self-assured and empower them to become independent and self-sustaining. We desire to help our clients to become positive and productive members of our community.
Read more about our services.
HART works with other organizations
We are a resource team for the individuals and connect them to services or programs that will assist them on their path to a better life. We believe that each organization we connect with is skilled in their own mission; we will support and encourage the client during these contacts. We are proudly partnered with many organizations, but are always on the outlook for others to join us in our mission.
Read more about our partners.
- ENCOURAGE movement out of Homelessness
- CONNECT to Resources
- MENTOR individuals
- TEACH AND ASSIST with budgeting
- AID in gainful employment
- ASSIST in locating affordable housing