Support | Winter Shelter | Master Leases
What we do
HART of Folsom was formed in 2017 as a non-profit community based organization to provide local services to the growing number of homeless in Folsom. Our goal as volunteers is to dedicate our time and talents to assist those experiencing homelessness or struggling time to improve their lives in Folsom toward self-sufficiency and greater independence.
- ENCOURAGE movement out of Homelessness
- CONNECT to Resources
- MENTOR individuals
- TEACH AND ASSIST with budgeting
- AID in gainful employment
- ASSIST in locating affordable housing
The reasons for creating our new non-profit group:
- Establishes a central group of volunteers working on the same mission
- Relieves the Police Department from being the lead agency
- Allows for unity in purpose
- Centralized fund management
- Creates a recognizable entity that can enter into agreements
- Allows for acceptance of tax exempt funds
- Gives a base for expansion of programs, ideas and cooperative relationships
We welcome all local residents, organizations, churches, neighborhoods, and businesses to get involved in this effort. We believe strongly that a collaborative community-wide effort is the beginning toward a solution to the problem of homelessness. With a little intention, we can make a huge difference.
The Folsom Winter Shelter is a joint effort with local churches to offer temporary, emergency shelter for homeless people in Folsom, providing a warm, dry place to sleep, a hot meal, and friendly companionship.